HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Friday, December 16, 2011

Side Board Make-over.

Here are some pictures of the side board I painted over Thanksgiving.  I took a few short cuts since I decided to paint it last minute but I still love how it came out. 








Here is what it looked like before.  It wasn't bad it just wasn't my style.  I purchased this on clearance at Home Goods. 



The color is Gettysburg Gray by Benjamin Moore.  I added dirty gloss and the electric sander to distress it.  The short cut I used was painting it with latex paint.  The proper way, I've been told, to get that perfect antiqued look is to either use oil paint with dirty gloss or chalk paint with the gloss and then finishing it with a wax coat.  I plan on doing another piece soon using the chalk paint to see for myself.

The hardware I ordered from a local dealer.  I'm still waiting on one more drawer pull.  I love this hardware!
I was able to salvage the original hinges by sanding them a little to expose some brass. 




This was actually my first big painting project and I'm hooked now!  Watch out thrift stores! 

I'll do a tut the next time:) Pin It

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.