HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Charlie Tunic for Her

Rae from Made by Rae recently released her super cute Charlie Tunic PDF sewing pattern.  It's a boys shirt but if you head over to her site you can see lots of girlie Charlie tunic dresses being made.  The boys refuse to wear anything but knit tees these days so I decided to make one for Madeline.  I love Rae's patterns!  If you are new to sewing she walks you through each step making it simple to create beautiful things while learning some sewing tricks and lingo.  If you have  been sewing for awhile her patterns are great because you can just print out the pattern and glance at the photos to see what comes next. 



I made a few changes to the Charlie Tunic pattern and created the ruffled shorts out of the bling denim I mentioned in This Post.  For the Charlie Tunic I shirred the sleeves, added some lace, gathered it a little just below the denim to give it some flare, and added a ruffle along the bottom.  I made the shorts by tracing an existing pair and adding ruffles.





I also made a head band to hold back her hair.  her hair is getting long and falls right in her eyes now but I can't bring myself to cut it. 








What do you think, does the Charlie Tunic work for girls?

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I think that is so cute! It absolutely works for little girls,I love the lace trim and all the ruffles.
    rubylynns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE Steff!!!! Love it with the ruffles. Nice job, and what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.