HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Book Club

I wanted to start sharing my reading list with you in hopes that we can exchange book reviews.  By book review I mean, this one was great, don't waste your time on that one.  Reading is a huge part of my life right now and has been my saving grace!  My kids are little so sneaking off to sew, paint and decorate, garden, even get on the computer and blog are all out of the question right now unless the hubby is home or some other wonderful family member comes to stay so I spend my extra time during the day reading.  It's something I love to do and I can be outside enjoying some grown up time while still making the kids feel secure with my presence.

I'm in a book club and we are currently working our way through all of Jane Austen Works.  We are on Pride and Prejudice right now which who doesn't love that one!  By the way the link I've included is to a site where you can read all of Jane Austen's novels for free online.  Our book club only meets every month so I was looking for something else to fill my time and a friend recommended The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  If I would have read the book description I probably would not have bought it.  It's a bit violent and scary but I trusted my friend and went for it.  It's a fantastic read!  It's a trilogy and they are making a movie so you need to read them fast.  I'm finishing the second book and it's just as good as the first.  It is a bit violent and scary like the back describes but the book is more about the characters, and there are some good ones, so a lot of that stuff it turns out is not as traumatic as I was expecting.  I'm a big wimp by the way! 

Please share what you are reading or have read in the past so I can put together a book club list!

Thanks for sharing;) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.