HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Book or Journal Cover Tutorial

Here is the Journal Cover Tutorial.  It is super easy to make and the design options are endless.  You can also make book covers for the kids school books!








I hope you enjoy!


What you will need:

A book or journal, measuring tape, embellishments if adding any, and fabric.




Step 1:  Measure you book and add 2" to the length and width.

Step 2:  Cut out you fabric to the new measurements and add any embellishments.  For mine I sewed on the fabric strip first than added the ribbon to the top and bottom edges by top stitching along both sides. 






Step 3:  Finish edges.

Use a zigzag stitch to finish all edges.  I increased my width to give it a nice finished look.






Step 4:  Put the fabric on your book and fold fabric along straight edges.




Step 5:  Remove fabric and iron along the folded edge of the top and the bottom wrong sides together.


Step 6:  With the top and bottom folded over you will now fold the other 2 ends towards the right side and iron flat.




Step 7:  Sew a stitch using a 1/8" seam along the outside of the corner the length of folded fabric.  This should only be about 1".






Step 8:  Flip you corners out and slide journal in.







I hope you find this handy;) Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I wish I was able to sew that little ribbon on like that! I'm still learning how to sew straight. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love this- and so simple. Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so simple and looks easy. I like the guided pictures and will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made one out of orange/purple/red/yellow canvas for my Spanish class binder. It is so neat the teacher asked for one, I put a strap on it and a velcro tab to keep it closed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.