HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Make-Up Bag

Here is a make-up bag that I whipped up for my sister-in-law while she was here visiting.  If you are looking to make a make-up bag this one is easy and looks really cute in person.  I found the tutorial over at Liesl Made.  You should check out the one she made.  It is too cute with the ticking fabric and I just LOVE her name!  It's so different and pretty!




I added an applique butterfly because my sister-in-law loves butterflies.  I found the pattern for the applique over at  Nutmeg Designs




I messed up the zipper a little.  I lost my zipper foot and only had invisiable zippers so I couldn't get close enough to give it a clean stitch.  It was just for fun anyway and my sis didn't seem to mind.  I also used fusiable fleese instead of interfacing which gave it a softer look.  The fabric is a cordoroay and I'm not sure who makes it.  The straps are a rope trim from Joanne's. 






It's so nice to be able to enjoy the talents of other women!  Thanks ladies for helping me create a great and quick gift for someone I love! 









Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Your version turned out great! It's nice how you've personalized for your sister-in-law!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cute! Glad you enjoyed the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great make-up bag and I love the fabric! I'm going to check out the tutorial. Please add this to my linky party!
    www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article, thanks for sharing this information. Good to know that this blog is being covered also in this web site.

    Woman’s beauty lace wedding dresses with the passing years, so does the vintage wedding dresses. Slipping into a piece of vintage clothing bestow the magic of provenance upon your original attractiveness. Our wedding dresses 2012 collectibles capture this very essence of historical statement by flashing back to the pristine demeanor while infusing some modern interpretation. Then and there, your cherished memory flows out with the singing of Yesterday Once More.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.