HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our new house

We closed on our house!  This past April we sold our house after 2 years!  It was a great house but wasn't in an area we wanted to raise the kids.  We moved into a rental so we could take our time looking for a home and then we were matched with Madeline's birth mother and completely lost interest.  We had decided to wait until next year to start looking but we came across a short sale by accident and fell in love!  We made the offer and assumed it would take 6 months because short sales have such a bad reputation but to our surprise we closed in less than 2 months! 

I don't have photos of the house yet.  I want to save them to show you some before and after shots but here are a few shots of the land.  When my husband and I met, everyone teased us that I was a little bit country and he was a little bit rockin roll "Donny and Marie Osmond Classic".  I grew up in a small town known for it's southern ways and the hubby is an Italian born in Buffalo.  The truth is he has always been a "good ol boy".  He is as passionate about fishing as I am about sewing.  I love this photo of him because he looks like he is exactly where he was meant to be.




This is a shot from the doc looking at the new house.  Can you see it?





This is getter closer.  If you look really close you can see the green roof. 





And now a little closer....




This is one of our new pets. 




Don't ask me why?  I guess it's because he can...




My baby girl.  I'm so in love!







A boat that was left behind that my hubby was testing to see if it would still float.  He ended up falling in!  If only I had a free hand to take a photo!




Our other new pet.  It's hard to tell by the photo but he is a rooster and the boys named him Big Daddy. 



And this is my new BFF Alan!  He is taking what used to be dirty, stained, popcorn ceiling and turning into a beautiful clean smooth ceiling.  I thought for a day I was going to do this myself.  It's not hard but with 3 kids, Yea Right!  I'm hoping to do a video tutorial for any of you out there who are in need of a ceiling make over.  I was amazed at how easily this can be done if you have the time. 







And here is "I'm a Little Bit Contry" by the Osmond's.  It was certainly a different time back then.






What do you think? 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. so,so jealous!!! It looks like such a dream!

    And Madeline's hair is gettin longer-she's looking like a little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks absolutely lovely. I'm anxious for your photos of the inside and your before and afters. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.